BRIO ZENTO CHILD RESTRAINT
- Head Insert for increased safety and comfort
- Better padding in lower back
- New easy use locking clip
Children in Sweden ride rear-facing until at least 3-4 years of age, with a very low death/injury rate in traffic as a result. Why? Because by keeping their children rear-facing they are protecting their child's unproportionally large head and week neck muscles - the back of the child restraint takes up the impact. No other country can match Sweden's statistics.
Compare this with a forward facing child where the vulnerable head and neck gets flung forward violently in a frontal impact, with potentially dire consequences such as severe head & neck injuries, or worse.
That's why we are bringing you the BRIO Zento child restraint which is designed for the Scandinavian market - to give New Zealand parents a chance to also give their young ones the extra safety.
Unique installation for older children to provide extra leg room. For more information about the extra safety rear-facing provides, see below.
- Certified to both the ECE R44/04 standards and also the Swedish T-standard which only allows extremely low forces on head and neck.
- Manufactured from one-piece heavy duty blow moulded plastic, this is a major advantage to single shell seats as it helps absorbing the forces in a crash
- Lined with a thick layer of EPS foam throughout the back of the seat as well as the deep side wings, again helping to absorb the forces in a crash and giving excellent side impact protection.
- Swedish tethering system which requires no bolts to be installed in your vehicle, and with the system being lower tethers rather than upper it makes it a breeze taking your child in and out of the seat.
- While the BRIO Zento has been certified rear-facing for 0-25kg bracket, we recommend a minimum age of 3-4 months before travelling in a BRIO Zento as it is not installed as reclined as an infant capsule.
- The high rear-facing limit of 25kg is unlikely to be reached by many children, more realistic is 16-20kg, ie 3-4 years of age.
- The BRIO Zento is mainly designed for rear-facing use where the harness straps must be at or below the child’s shoulders, ,which is reflected in the harness height.
Providing New Zealand parents with a carseat that enables them to keep their children safer for longer -ie REAR-FACING is half our job done - the other is to only sell the seat through outlets that are committed to safety and have received our training on all aspect of installation of the BRIO Zento.
The BRIO Zento can only be purchased through Baby-On-The-Move outlets nationwide, phone 0800-222 966 for your closest outlet, or go to www.babyonthemove.co.nz.
We know rear-facing is the safest way for a child to travel - but don't take our word for it, why don't you do your own research - there are many independent websites with brilliant information about the benefits of rear-facing,see links below. Once you've done your research you will have enough knowledge on how to keep your child as safe as possible.
And for those of you who want to see what the experts say, see below for various studies published, including a recent study from the British Medical Journal:
Child Safety in Cars—A Literature Review VTI Rapport 489A from 2003
The recently published report by ANEC in June 2008:
Latest findings by the British Medical Journal